Southern Railway Recruitment advertisement published on sr.indianrailways.gov.in website for engagement of Apprentice Posts. Candidates can apply offline mode by download application form from hosted website that was circulated in official notification. Candidates who are interested to work in the board of Souther Railway jobs may follow below instructions and sent the all documents before closing date.
Southern Railway Recruitment
Name of job: Trade Apprentices
No.of posts: 862
Age limit: Candidates age should be minimum 15 years and should not have complted 24 years as on the cut off date for receiving of application i.e 20th June 2016. Age relaxation is application when they have belonging to OBC/ SC/ ST and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates.
- For Fitter, Machinist & Turner: 10th Class Exam or its equivalent and also possess National Trade certificate in the notified trade
- Carpenter & Welder: VIII Class and also possess National Trade certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training
- Electrician / Electronics/ Mechanic: 10th Class Exam under 10+2 system of educaition with science as one of the subjects or equivalent.
- Mechanic/ Diesel / Maintenance: 10th Class Exam or its equivalent and also possess National Trade Certificate for vocational training.
Application Fee: Aspirants will have make payment of Rs. 100 (Hundred only) in the form of postal order should be drawn in favour of the Work Shop Personnel Officer/S&T/Work, Shop, Southern Railway-Perambur, Chennai-600 023 payable at Coimbatore. The fee is not refundable. Fee exemption from SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates.
Mode of Selection: The completely selection would be made on the basis of merit list . The merit list will be prepared by committee nominated for the purpose on the basis of percentage of marks in matriculation plus ITI marks.
How to Apply Southern Railway recruitment
- Candidates first visit http://www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in/ website then download official notice or you should directly download prescribed format application from below link
- Affix One passport size photo should be pasted in the application in the space provided duly attested by Gazetted Officer.
- The duly filled application may be sent by ordinary/Registered post/dropped into allotted sealed box at S&T/Work Shop/Podanur on or before 22.04.2016 super scribed as “Application for Apprenticeship Training – 2016-17 Ex.ITI”
The Work Shop Personnel Officer,
Office of the Chief Work Shop Manager,
Carriage and Wagon Works,
Southern Railway Ayanavaram,
Chennai – 600023
Last Date of Application: 20-06-2016 17.15 hrs
Download Advertisement link – Click Here